In order to help reduce the dangers of prescription drug abuse, we recommend the following procedures:
1. Take medication only as prescribed. Medication you are prescribed could have a much different effect on others.
2. Do not share medication. Taking medication prescribed to someone else is illegal and dangerous.
3. Do not mix medications, except as directed by a doctor.
4. Do not use alcohol when taking pain killers or anxiety medication.
5. Store your prescription drugs safely.
6. Make sure your medications are not easily accessible to teens or strangers.
7. Dispose of unused medications properly. Look out for local community drug disposal programs.
8. Do not flush your medications, they could stay in the water supply.